Customer Team Manager Opening at Maersk Line
Customer Team Manager Opening at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Team Manager
- We are currently looking for a dynamic Customer Team Manager to join our team.
- The Customer Team Manager will be responsible for customer issue resolution on operational issues.
- Be the first point of contact when issues arise from physical inland transportation or when proactive notification is to be made from changes in transport plan to the customer.
- Capture and be the voice of Customer and make sure instant issue resolution takes place –closely governed with Customer Service and Execution by use of standard tools (CM, myphone, Intermodalview, track and trace, etc.)
- First point of contact for issues arising from physical inland transportation
- Proactive notification to customer for changes in transport plan or ETA deviations with viable alternative solution within stipulated timeframe
- Evaluate cases/issues and capture voice of the customer to make sure instant resolution takes place
- Team promptly attend phone calls (if applicable) received from customers/vendors and address concerns
- Actively engages with Customer Service and Intermodal vendors for workable solutions and timely resolution of issues
- Ensure alternatives provided are aligned with rules and regulation including local policies
- Be wary of the customers’ businesses, so that proposed solutions are compatible with customers requirement
- Be cognizant of segmented customer requirements and propose solutions accordingly
- Build good relationship with the customers and confidence in our Intermodal product
- Capture and be Voice of Customer frequently and provide feedback to the team to improve inland delivery performance and experience
- Identify recurring issues in Intermodal delivery performance and initiate steps to address root cause
- Identify process gaps, contribute to improvement opportunities and be actively involved in working on agreed improvement actions
- Keep cost of non-conformance to the minimum by providing alternate solution and converting demanding situation into pleasant experience for customers
- Ensure all relevant costs are timely updated in Intermodal systems and ensure charges are passed on to customer
- Check for additional business opportunities on satisfactory resolution of issues
- Handle system updates and customer requests in accordance with defined processes
- Share best practices and knowledge within the team.
We are looking for:
- Minimum B.Sc or Master’s Degree /MBA in Marketing, Sales or Business-related course
- Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
- Have at least 3-5 years experience working in an international environment supporting customers.
- Operational knowledge of Intermodal is a plus
- Proven Leadership experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good moral compass and ability to work based on Company’s values.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization.
Application Closing Date
9th January 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online