Apply for TOTAL Startupper of the Year 2018 / 2019
STARTUPPER OF THE YEAR BY TOTAL CHALLENGE – Are you a young entrepreneur? Do you have a project you believe in? Is it innovative and does it address a social or community challenge in your country or for your fellow citizens? Register and apply now. You could be the Startupper of the Year!
We aim to support good ideas and projects that help address a widespread problem affecting communities in your country. It could be about providing educational opportunities, reducing child mortality, improving public health, developing access to electricity in rural areas, improving road safety on the roads or building houses with eco-friendly materials — in fact, anything that could make life better in your country.
Tell us how your project will help more and more people over time, at home or even abroad. Tell us how it empowers people, improves living conditions, and contributes to overall economic well-being.
Anyone can change the world — teenagers or graduates, men or women. As long as you believe in your project and want to make things better, take this opportunity to participate. You could be the next Startupper of the Year or the Top Female Entrepreneur!
After the success of the first Challenge in 34 African countries, this year’s has been extended to a total of 55 countries around the world.
3 winners from each country will receive financial support, extensive publicity and coaching. From among these 3 winners per country, we will select grand winners by region, who will be offered additional support.
This year, a Top Female Entrepreneur category has been introduced. During the first Challenge, women accounted for almost 25% of the winners, even though they only made up 13% of the applicants. With this special award this year, we hope to give the women entrepreneurs an extra push to take part. It is also aligned with other Total initiatives for women.
- The project or business owner must not be more than 35 years old.
- The participant must be a citizen of the country where he/she participates.
- The project can be an idea or a start-up created within the last two years.
- The project should offer a practical way of addressing a public health, safety, education, accessibility or other issue affecting local communities.
- Innovation isn’t necessarily revolutionary, involving something brand new or a total transformation. It can be incremental as well, improving an existing technology, product or service, or even just the way things are done.
- Projects that demonstrate feasibility and have the potential to benefit a broader public.
Rewards and Benefits
• Financial support
• Heightened exposure (Media, PR, networking)
6 Grand Regional Winners
The first-place winner from each country will then compete for one of the six “Grand Regional Winner” awards!
Top Female Entrepreneur
• Coaching/MentoringDuring the first Challenge, women accounted for almost 25% of the winners, even though they only made up 13% of the applicants. With this special award this year, we hope to give the women entrepreneurs an extra push to take part. It is also aligned with other Total initiatives for women.
Startup for better energy
Possible partnership with the Total affiliate in the country*
*Optional. Details are specified in the Local Terms & Conditions.